Pretty Pastel Sympathy Card.
Made this card for a couple of Challenges. . Colorthrow Down CTD #441 and SOS #301 -Back to Basics at Shop our Stash. This challenge is a new one for me. I just came across it and WoW don’t I need this one. I recently have made a pledge to myself to try with each card I make or at least most of them to use something that is in my stash that has never been used. Also to resurrect older products too that still have some good life left in them. This card does this as I used at least three very old items. On with the card design and ingredients.
Started with a very old (1)Cuttlebug embossing and die cut all in one thingy. I really don’t know what you call it. It is a folder that has plastic on the outside and metal on the inside that does the embossing and the die cutting all in one run though the big shot. This one cuts a window frame the rest or the design is the embossing. I think I got this on some clearance rack about 5 years ago. I cut this from white watercolor paper because I thought I was going to do some ink smushing but instead I’d did some ink blending with distress inks (Spun sugar, Cracked pistachio, and Milled Lavendar).
Then I stamped this large flower from (2)Stampendous rubber stamp block with Versafine black onyx ink. I don’t know what kind of flower it is but I bought it because I really thought it was a pretty flower and would use it often. I will now that is out on the work table. I did do some watercoloring with the spun sugar distress ink on this. Lighter in the center. After I fussy cut the flower I then went back over the petal edges with sponge dobber to darken them up.
I cut some leafy vines from 40# vellum with an older (3)Sizzix die. Stamped the sentiment from MFT on Black card stock with Versamark ink and white heat embossed it. Cut the strip down. I embellished the flower center and little stamens with some white RangerEnamel Accents and also did the flower centers of all the embossed flowers too. Let this dry for a couple of hours.
Assembled the card by popping up the card front on to a base with foam tape. Then I positioned the flower and the leaves where I wanted them over the window so some of the white peeked through. Glued down the leaves. Popped up the flower and the sentiment strip.
I was going to throw out this die/embossing thingy because I never used it and thought I probably won’t use it. Now I am glad I kept it. There you have it…living up to my personal pledge by using not just 1 but 3 older long lost stash items. All in all I think for this design it worked well. If anyone recalls the name of the thingy. Leave me a comment.
Here are the links for the challenge. Be sure to check them out.There are some fun card designs to see.
Thanks for stopping by.
Enjoy ~ Pat